Sunday, December 14, 2003

A list about my favorite subject...ME...

But first about the car: Some have remarked that it looks completely different. Well its the lighting, the first photo was taken on a sunny snowy day. The second on an overcast day. But they are definitely the same car. And for the record its a dark green. CaptGaijin (I didn't know you still read this site) questioned my driving ability. True, my eye situation is not really condusive for driving, but I have been doing it for so long that I can do fairly well even in unfamiliar areas.

Anyway, I haven't done a list lately, and since I've received a couple of e-mails lately asking me about info about ME, so here;s another one--although I'd be the first to admit that I am amazed that there'd be anyone who'd want to know more about a pudgy over-the-hill geezer... Anyway, I found this list on Consummate_Leah's site and stole it. Thanks, Leah.

LAYER ONE: On The Outside
Name:
Onigiriman, um, the pic on the right is current, the one on the far right is 8 years and 20 (!) lbs. lighter ago.
Birth date: 12/15/1955, which would make me 48 tomorrow...
Birth place: LA
Current Location: VA
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black, but really dark brown if you look REAL closely
Height: 5'5.5" on a good day... a REALLY good day. I used to be 5'7" but that was before I started shrinking.
Righty or Lefty: Righty
Zodiac Sign: Sagitarius, Ram (Chinese zodiac)

LAYER TWO: On The Inside
Your heritage:
Japanese
Shoes you wore today: Skechers; I kinda of like them, they fit my feet very well.
Your weakness: Musubi-chan, beer, any kind of chips, chewy Spree, Tropical Skittles, dark chocolate, pop corn, potato salad, bacon-mushroom-swiss cheese burger. Is there a pattern here? I fail to see any veggies... No wait, I have a weakness for asparagus and spinach. But no fruits, and certainly no dairy products.
Your fears: Being unable to support my family
Your perfect pizza: There is not such thing to a lactose intolerant slob such as me. A cheeseless pizza, you say? I've tried one, and that's far--way far--from perfect.
Goal you'd like to achieve: Stop procrastinating and get my work done. Gotta publish. It's actually mostly written, all I have to do is put the chapters together... This relates to "Your Fears"....

LAYER THREE: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
Your most overused phrase on AIM:
Hahahahaahah.
Your thoughts first waking up: I'm screwed. See above.
Your best physical feature: This is a toughy, even for a narcissistic punk like me. Well, I know its not this six-pack of a stomach I have; as in a six-pack of lumpy soft dinner rolls. Yuck. Anyway, many of you have seen me or my photo. Maybe you can tell me what my "best physical feature" is... Woah, don't all rush to click on the "add comments" link at once now... (Actually, to ask you to tell me is pretty narcissistic; maybe even more so, no? Haha, but tell me anyway...)
Your bedtime: Anytime between 2AM and 6AM.
Your most missed memory: Just being with my mom and my daughter.

LAYER FOUR: Your Pick
Pepsi or Coke:
Coke--diet, caffeine-free Coke.
McDonald's or Burger King: Well, they're both pretty bad, but I would have to say Wendy's bacon burger.
Single or group dates: Definitely single. More romantic... and controllable.
Adidas or Nike: Adidas Superstar Hi-tops. I love these shoes. I would never wear Nike. Why would I wear shoes that advertise a millionaire--Michael Jordan jumping with legs spread? In fact, why would anyone wear clothes that advertised the maker? I never wear Ralph Lauren Polo, Tomy Hilfiger. I would never use a Louis Vitton or Gucci. Why would anyone wanna wear something that said GAP or *gasp* fcuk? Will someone shoot the genioius who thought up that name? These companies would have to pay me. Why would anyone wanna be someone's billboard sherpa for free? Now a distinct design is good. It shows originality and imagination. Go Adidas.
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: I flipped a coin and it was Lipton.
Chocolate or vanilla: CHOCOLATE! Dark, bitter chocolate. No milk choco for me...
Cappuccino or coffee: Coffee, black. And lots of it.

LAYER FIVE: Do You?
Smoke:
No, but I used to. I've been smokeless for 3 years. Read "Addictions" in an earlier post below.
Cuss: Not as much as I used to. I used to sound like the proverbial truck driver. I worked at a factory and cussing was de rigour for "guys". I go back to visit occasionally and think, "Did I actually talk like this?" I mean, fuckin' A. Damn straight I did. Every fuckin' word out of my fuckin' mouth was modified by a bitchin' expletive. If I didn't utter a fuckn' "bleepity bleep" at least once every mother fuckin' sentence, I woulda shit in my pants and felt like a dickless wonder. And in case you are wondering, yes, I actually did use to talk just like that. Can you imagine? (O_o) Dayum. I musta been one stupid fuck with shit for brains.
Sing: Yeah, I love to sing. I once won a contest and got a free trip to Japan. Not that I was any good, the competition was bad. Hahaha. Re: NLUTE in the JA Journal for more detail.
Take a shower everyday: Um... no. I mean I shower, when I go out--to work, dinner, play--or when guests come over or when I do extraordinarily dirty work around the house. But in the spirit of full disclosure, I must admit that I don't shower when I'm just hanging around the house, much to the chagrin of Musubi-chan. She always tells me how long its been: Bless him father for he has sinned, it has been X days and Y hours since his last shower... Is this honesty thing getting outa hand?
Have a crush(es): HAD. More than once, twice, three times a la.... oops. sorry. Didn't we all have crushes? Usually with older women? No wait, I forgot that the cool people never had crushes. *rolls eyes*
Think you've been in love: I know I've been in love, and still am. I used to think that love was something concocted by authors and artists who wrote about them in stories, movies or songs. Well, I learned different when I met Musubi-chan. Okay, laugh if you want. but its true. Really corny, but true.
Like(d) high school: No, did not. But I liked my high school years 16-18: that's "years-old", NOT 1916-18, dummy. (talking to my imaginary blogger friend). This was when I was in a band. Re: NLUTE. Photo is when I was 18 back in 1974...
Want to get married: Done it twice... But the second is the winner.
Believe in yourself: Used to... lately? hmmm....
Get motion sickness: Nah, not really, except on the ride Free Fall. That made me pretty woozy. Does that count?
Think you're attractive: Yes, but for different reasons that the "Physical feature" above. At 5'5.5" and nearing 50, I am not what you would consider "a specimen". But I think if once engaged in conversation, I can make myself attractive on different levels. Unfortunately for me, it has often turned out that height does matter to many women. "Oh, the guy must be two inches taller than me" (where do they come up with figures like that?) or "I would never go out with someone shorter than me." And they say men are shallow. Geez, at least we admit it...
Think you're a health freak: No. I believe health is important. I run when I can, and lift weights to keep up muscle mass, but I consume potato chips and beer witout regard to caloric intake. Re: "Weakness" above.
Get along with your parents: Yes.
Like thunderstorms: No, thunder and lightening frighten me. It's the things you can't control that scare me. In LA, there weren't many storms. In Japan neither. But here in Virginia, they have some monster thunder storms. And it pours like it's nobody's business. Speaking of which, it is 4:45AM and there's about 3 inches of new snow outside...
Play an instrument: Hmmm... I played the piano in a band, but I played by ear then. I never took a lessons until later. I always wanted to play in a piano recital, so I practiced my brains out for two years and finally got the opportunity to play in a recital--Old Black Magic: Oscar Peterson arrangement. I got good reviews from the audience and my teacher. Satisfied, I retired. I also took violin lessons for a couple of years, but if I played one now, it would sound like a cat screaming. I can play a few chords on a guitar, but then who can't do that?

Cont'd tomorrow

No comments: