Sunday, October 24, 2004

The Comic Challenge

Y'

know, I'm actually supposed to be pretty busy grading papers and preparing for our in-class poetry match. But I get bored so easily. So I decided to try something I've been thinking about for a while: an Onigiriman comic. I'm no comic writer, nor am I an artist. But I thought I'd try it anyway, just of the heck of it.

So here's my first one, but I don't have a punch line.


I thought of: "I don't have anything to write." But that was pretty lame. Then I thought: "I lose my concentration." But that was lamer. I tried to come up with something wittier, like: "I always get thrown for a loss." But that was simply pathetic. I even thought: "I can't reach the keyboard." While funny, it doesn't make sense... So I came up with another idea. I'd have to say that many--if not all--of my readers are wittier than I am.

So can you come up with a good punchline?

No comments: