Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Thanksgiving break

T

oday is the final day before Thanksgiving break. Now classes on Tuesday were fine. Attendance rate was about 90%. I love my language courses. I demand a lot, and these students give a lot. I recently showed the quizzes I give every class to the new Chinese professor, and she was surprised. She told me that it looked more like a test and that she would be afraid to see my exams! Kawabunga!

Yes, I suppose I really push my students. Hopefully, they are actually getting something from this course. It kinda surprises me. I really demand a lot from my students, but they keep on coming.

But then, I have my Literature in Translation course. I guess I am not challenging them enough. Monday was three whole days before Thanksgiving and almost half the class didn't show up. I'm not sure how many will show up today, but I had a very bad dream about it. It went something like this...

No comments: