Tuesday, December 02, 2003

-10-
Getting hit by stupid drivers...
is, as you can imagine, very frustrating. I now have to find a body shop that will fix the crease in the fender. After that, then I go to the insurance guy to get an estimate. Hopefully, it'll look worse to him than to the guys who will actually fix it so they'll give me extra money. But that doesn't mean that I get to keep the money. The insurance guy will write out the check in my name and the name of the body shop. If the body shop can fix it for less than the estimate, the body shop will still make the money... I wonder if they'd split the difference with me? Hah! Not a chance. Oh well.

Anyway, life has been hectic as usual. Our department is being subjected to to an external review. Many of you know this as they have asked us to ask students to meet and talk to the reviewer. If things go well, I think life will continue as is: busy, busy, busy. Lets keep our fingers crossed. There's a lot to be said about majoring in statistics... Hmm... Why am I thinking of this? We can all use a course in demographics... Is that statistics or geography? Or are they related? Anyway, we gotta figure out a way to get someone elected in 2004 that will get us out of Iraq. The current administration--who got us there in the first place--doesn't seem to know what to do... Well, I shouldn't clump them all together, of course. State and NSA heads seem to be okay, but the VP and Defense seem almost paranoid. To be honest, they scare me. They are eloquent and can sound very convincing, so to Dubya it probably sounds like music to the ear... But I don't want to be too political on Xanga. Who knows who lurks out there monitoring us? Hah, I guess I'm just as paranoid....


No comments: