Monday, December 01, 2003

-9- update
Thanksgiving Weekend...
... Was it good... or was it bad? Well its was both, which will sorta explain why I haven't posted since... Thursday? Woah, that's like four days ago. It's freakin' December! Not that anyone was worried, I'm sure! Hahaha. Anyway, allow me to wrap up the weekend:

Thursday... Food. Turkey. Saw some old videos that my sister hadn't seen yet: Finding Nemo, Spiderman. What a sedentary day! I felt so fat. But I figure I can walk off much of it by going After-Thanksgiving sale shopping. Sooooo on...

Friday... I went went to the Galleria in Tyson's Corner. But there was an unfortunate accident involving my vehicle... But I'm okay! Whew! It happened in the parking lot when I was shopping. Some stupid idiot decided to graze against my left rear fender, punching out my rear lights and leaving a nice crease from the tail lights to the back seat door. I am so pissed! You'd think they'd leave a note? Noooooooooo! So with my deductable and the usual low-ball insurance estimate, I'll probably have to fish out $5-600 of my own money to fix it. Damn. I've been trying to save money to get myself a new TV, a big one, maybe 32", for Christmas. But NOT NOW! Thanks a lot whoever you are... I'm sooooooo depressed... Didn't even feel like ranting on Xanga...

Saturday: Went to see my Sis off at Reagan National, then went to Pentagon City to do some shopping for Musubi-chan. We went to a number of stores but ended up buying stuff at BCBG, Banana Republic, Macy's, and Bebe. Did you know that if you swipe a credit card enough times, it could start a fire from the friction? The things you learn when you go shopping with the SO... On the way home, we got off at Ballston on the Orange line to go to Rock Bottom, a brewery that sells beer brewed on the premises. The best part about this place is the food--amazingly. It is, in my mind, the American version of a successful izakaya. You can get relatively simple but good food for a reasonable price. The pizza is not large but satisfying. A bucket of steamed shrimp is less than $10. The fried calimari sounds plain, but is good because of the simplicity of its preparation. Eat it like I would eat tempura in Japan while drinking: sprinkled salt only. No ten-tsuyu, makes the tempura soggy. If you put soy sauce on it, don't EVEN talk to me... j/k. Anyway, we went home taking plover steps--chidori ashi, the Japanese way of saying straggling home drunk.

Sunday: Just stayed home and worked. I wasted enough time this weekend watching TV, spending money and getting hit by unknown stupid drivers. Grrrr.....


No comments: