Saturday, August 16, 2003

This Weekend's Fluff

Is it the Weekend already? Oh. yeah, Xanga's been down for like... a weeeeeeeek..... Will it stay up?


[3:00AM] OK, I'm a bit, y'know, wasted... I went to Glory Days--the local sports watering hole--with Musubi-chan, and had a few... But, man... Was it hot today or what!?! 96 degrees? I think I guzzled 3 pints in 20 minutes... actually the first pint went in 3-4... I was thirsty! Dude!


Okay, so that means I have to remain straight for the rest of the weekend. I found out last week that I'm on some kind of Language Center committee... Ok, ok, I promise to try to work hard and produce the proper reports to the dean... As if he'd listen to anything I'd say... Work, work, work.. and all this on top of the 4 classes I teach... Now I ask you... how many of you college students have professors who teach FOUR classes? And they ask me if I'm doing my research... Sheesh!


Hahaha... but I somehow find the time to write on Xanga!?! Okay, everyone's gotta have some kind of release, and this is mine. I love to write, and I love it more when I KNOW that people are reading what I write--hint, hint. Just kidding.


I must admit that I'm flattered to the Nth degree that anyone would find what I write interesting... But as one of my kids told me, what I write is an experience that is "rare" among current Asian Americans... and the fact that I am pretty forthcoming with the details makes it all the more interesting...


Ok, all together now... Aaaaaah.... (yeah, I can hear ya', but let's not get too sarcastic...)


I have two weeks of "vacation" before school starts. The quotation marks reflect the reality of the "Langauge Center" committee... our subcommittee has to prepare some kind of preliminary something by... September 10th!!! That's inhuman! I mean, I became an instructor so I would have long vacations, winter and spring break... and lets not forget Thanksgiving... gotta love them Pilgrims....


Okay, I know, I'm ranting, and I'm not even sober. I'll probably delete this tomorrow morning, before anyone reads this... hehehe... I would love to see someone leave a comment to prevent me from deleting this...


Sorry, I am really reaching, very low....


But seriously, I think I will delete some of the ranting... tomorrow... after I sleep... and wake up with some Alka Seltzer (thank you, God)... scrape the hair off my tongue... no, no, no, its not mold...


Later... Ack! It' s the morning and I just woke up... wait, its 12:20 in the PM... Yeah, yeah, ok, so it's NOT the morning, so sue me. AS predictedI need Alka Seltzer, but I thought I'd delte the above entry before anyone read it, but Masumi already left a comment, a long one, ... I'd delete it anyway...if she wasn't so cute... ギョッ! And she even commented on stuff she read on the JAJournal: the first draft of the 6th instalment, my comments on amae... Did I mention she's cute? Hey! Now, don't get the wrong idea... I mean it in the best possible sense! She's younger than my kids and just s little older than my real daughter... But she is cute in the othere sense, too...


--O-man glances over his shoulder to see if Musubi-chan is around --
"Splatt!"
--O-man slaps his own face with his own hand anyway...--


変なオジタリアン... じゃなくて、おにぎりまん


*sigh*

No comments: