Monday, January 13, 2020

You Know You're In Japan

Two reasons why I know I'm in Japan: Yesterday, on a late overcast afternoon, we moved into our monthly condo in Hachioji, Tokyo. I knew that I was in Japan when I saw how small our one-room condo is. the "hallway" was narrow. It feels like 2" between my shoulders and the wall when I stand right in the middle. The living area must be about 7.5 mats. But with one single-sized bed and a small desk and TV table. I feel like I have to squeeze my way around just to navigate to the toilet, which is interestingly quite roomy for Japan.

 Today, I woke up to a bright sunny morning. I decided to look outside to see what kind kind a view we had from the 6th floor and I saw the other reason why I know I'm in Japan. Between two tall condo buildings, I saw in the distance sparkling white, Mount Fuji.



No comments: