Thursday, January 02, 2020

Kars4Kids


Sis says the family trait is to do things the hard way. It's a path that entails stressful steps but eventually works out in the end. Sometimes it is coincidental, sometimes it is through personality disorders. Case in point: I'm a procrastinator.
 I have an old Maxima that I inherited from my mother after she passed. After 17 years, our move to Japan has compelled me to finally let go of the car and so I decided to donate it to Kars4Kids but I didn't contact them until the last minute--I mean, their radio jingle says they could even pick it up the next day, right? Well, not so at the end of the year. I call Dec. 24, ask for the car to be picked up by the 28th, but they couldn't until the 30th. "I won't be home..." They told me that they often pick up cars without the owner present; leaves title and keys in glove compartment and the door unlocked. So I did just that, but not knowing if they came for the car had me worried for a couple of days. Rats! All I had to do was call them a week earlier, like when I was in the middle of packing and frantically cleaning the house and rushing to grade finals and contacting dozens of companies to close accounts and end services.
 Fortunately I just got an email saying that they picked up the car and appreciated the donation. Whew! Worked out in the end. One load off my mind.

No comments: