Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Shenadoah

J

ust got back from Shenandoah National Park. We stayed in a lodge called Big Meadows located in the, um, Big Meadows region of the park. The mountains were beautiful, the roads winding and sometimes rather scary. I wanted the kids to explore the wide open lands of Virginia, and I must admit even I was amazed at the beauty of the Appalachian mountains.

I'm also glad I took the in-law; I'm not sure what I'd call him, as he is not my father-in-law--Ender, will PLEASE read the entries and not skim them? He is M's son's father-in-law. M's father--the man who would be my father-in-law--died thirty years ago. Anyway, as I said, I'm glad I took him. After hearing his stories of visiting every continent on earth, and the various different countries he has already visited--he has been traveling to the US on business since the 60s--it was a relief to have taken him somewhere he has never been.

Anyway, I will try to post more about our trip. I might even put up a protected post--I'll let you imagine why--for my regular readers. If you want to read the posts, give a holler!

No comments: