Friday, July 14, 2006

Grand kids

Y

esterday, one of our grand kids came over for a visit. Well, it's not really a visit but a stay... until September 5th. Kentaro's in the 4th grade in Japan and he brought along a friend, Kintaro, with him, so our house went from a quiet home to a summer camp in the blink of an eye.

I must admit that I was wary from the beginning, worried not so much about the noise but about illness or injury, but M insisted that Ken is on the quiet side and well behaved. And he is for the most part. But being with your best friend can change even the best of us. First they ran to check every room in the house, and when they discovered the basement, they immediately wanted to run on the treadmill and lift weights. As male friends do, they wanted to outdo each other, so Kin wanted to run faster on the treadmill than Ken and promptly fell off and cut his lip. I did my best not to give M that "I-told-you-so" look...

The cut wasn't so bad and they were soon horsing around, but I hope an injury on the very first day is not an omen of things to come.

1 comment:

pari said...

It's a good thing that it was a minor incident. Boys will be boys! :] And there's more to come as they grow up.

Whenever my little girlfriends and I got together, we sing Walt Disney songs over and over again. And on cassette tapes back in those days. So we would discuss our performance during the rewind.