Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My Readers

I

t has been almost two and a half years since I began to blog back in June of 2003. I am not the most popular blog, certainly. I have seen sites that get thousands of hits and hundreds of comments daily. It is amazing. I often wonder if the recipient actually reads each comment. I imagine that it would take hours to read every one. As for myself, I have my share of readers, and most are pretty dedicated. There were times when I wondered if my subscribers actually read what I wrote, but occasionally I get a comment from a heretofore none quiet reader, someone who was moved to write something on a specific topic. I, in turn, am moved to learn that they are actually reading my humble words--I guess mostly on their own subscription page or by email. It is flattering. I must admit I never imagined anyone would want to read the drivel I come up with.

I am also a member of the Asian online community, the Rice Bowl Journal (RBJ). It is, as I have mentioned before, a site where bloggers of Asian heritage can commune with each other. Some have said that it is racist. I don't agree with this accusation, of course, otherwise I wouldn't have joined. It is, in any event, a place where a guy like me can meet others of similar backgrounds and share our thoughts and opinions. Although Carlos may not agree with my characterization, it is, for me, sorta empowering. We can all go there and be who we are without fear of beng prejudged--and being a minority in the US, there are times when I still feel separated from the mainstream, whether it's at work or in a bar.

Anyway, at RBJ, I have been "Quoted" again. This is my third time--I suppose Carlos, the head honcho over there, enjoys my drivel as well.


Consider Yourself Quoted
Author: Onigiriman
Journal: Onigiriman: Nice to bite, hard to swallow

Country: Japan
Location: Virginia, USA

"There is nothing that can replace words and language. It is at once abstract and concrete. A word, such as... say, "grass" is made up of four different letters, five in all--g-r-a-s-s--each of which have nothing to do with "grass", that green stuff covering the fairway of a golf course. And while it is an abstract comprised of totally unrelated "letters", when put together in the right way and order, it can convey a specific, concrete and real image of the green vegetation that grows in your front yard or maybe even fills your stash."
October 14, 2005

Besides being quoted, I have been bookmarked by a few members over there as well. While not every RBJer bookmarks, enough of those who do have placed me in the top three over there. A few more and I'll be in the top two. Any RBJer coming here who hasn't bookmarked me yet? By the way, I do not bookmark myself...

Anyway, I would like to thank all you Xangans and RBJers who read my stuff. It is an honor, believe me...

8 comments:

Panda said...

Nagain dane~ otsukaresama. Kore kara mo naga naga gannbatte chooorai ne

ecarG said...

Congratulations! :-)

You deserve it.

ebaypowerseller2006 said...

101 Tips For Enhancing Your Love Life!!

You have a very good blog here. Full of online divorce
content. Stop by my site if you have time to read more on online divorce
.

Anonymous said...

Many of our modern drugs have harsh side-affects and cost the “earth”, so the next time you come down with a cold or the flu or child and stress, why not try a gentle alternative that costs next to nothing?

Instead of immediately forking over large amounts of money for over-the-counter drugs, go to the kitchen cupboard and see what you can find to relieve your symptoms including child and stress.

Here are some helpful hints for child and stress …

A simple hot compress applied to the face is very soothing to those throbbing aches and pains of a blocked sinus, while a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a handkerchief can provide welcome relief for similar conditions. While supplements of vitamin C, D and zinc will shorten the lifespan of a common cold, a hot lemon drink is also extremely good. And be sure to cuddle-up in bed when you have a cold, as it will make the body sweat out the germs.

Cool lemon juice and honey are a great soother for a sore throat and gives the body much-needed vitamin C at the same time The juice of one lemon in a glass of water is sufficient. Melt the honey in a little hot water for ease of mixing.

A smear of Vaseline or petroleum jelly will do wonders for those sore lips and nose that often accompany a cold.

A 'streaming cold' where the nose and eyes water profusely, can respond to drinking onion water. Simply dip a slice of onion into a glass of hot water for two seconds, then sip the cooled water throughout the day. Half an onion on the bedside table also alleviates cold symptoms because its odor is inhaled while you sleep.

People prone to catarrh may find that chewing the buds from a pine or larch throughout the day will clear up their condition in just a few days.

Do you suffer from sore eyes? If your eyes are sore from lengthy exposure to the sun, try beating the white of an egg and then spread it over a cloth and bandage the eyes with it. Leave the preparation on overnight. Soft cheese (quark) is also a good remedy for this condition.

For those unpleasant times when you suffer from diarrhea, two tablespoons of brown vinegar will usually fix the problem. Vinegar can be rather horrible to take, but who cares! The problem is more horrible. Vinegar can usually be found in most people's cupboards, so you don't need to worry about finding someone to run to the shop for you in an emergency.

Sleepless? Instead of reaching for sleeping pills, which can quickly become addictive, try this: Drink only caffeine free tea or coffee starting late in the afternoon.. Go to bed earlier rather than later, as being overtired tends to keep people awake. Make sure the bedroom is dark and quiet. Use only pure wool or cotton sheets and blankets. Polyester materials can cause sweat and make you thirsty (if your child constantly asks for water throughout the night, this could be the reason).

And don't watch those scary movies just before retiring! If you still can't sleep, make a tea of lemongrass or drink a nightcap of herbal tea containing chamomile. It's easy to grow lemongrass in your garden or start a flower pot on the balcony for ease of picking. Simply steep a handful in boiling water for five minutes. Honey may be added for a sweetener.

Of course there will be times when you do need modern drugs, so if these simple remedies don't have the required affect, be sure to see a health care professional.


child and stress

Anonymous said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

Anonymous said...

Nice site. Check mine out if you can. cash flow note

Anonymous said...

Everyone has days when they are down, worn out, anxiety disorder child and just not feeling all that happy.

That's OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?

Even though you know that sadness (anxiety disorder child) is a part of life, let's try to make it a small part of life.

With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!

1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.

2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.

3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like "I feel good", "Positive energy flows through my body", "I see the good in all".

4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn't have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.

5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.

6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for "Meditation music" on Google or Yahoo and explore.

Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.

These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don't just use them when you are sad or anxiety disorder child . Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.

On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can't seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don't take any chances. anxiety disorder child

Anonymous said...

Why most of traffic school online sites are scams? Everyone wants an good degree, but does online education really worth? Come to this website to
see detailed discussion on traffic school online