Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Ask Onigiriman

J

une 15th will mark my second year on Xanga. It is hard for me to believe that I have continued it for this long. I am the sort that quickly gets bored of things--usually three months and I'm out. I loved playing the piano and actually took lessons. After a year, my teacher had me play Oscar Peterson's arrangement of "That Old Black Magic" at a recital, and I never went back to another lesson after the gig.

But this bloggin' thing. It has really got me hooked. Two years ago, in my first entry I wrote:

In a way, this is like the Pillow Book –‚Ì‘Žq by Sei Shonagon ´¬”[Œ¾. She wrote her thoughts on poetry, on lifestyle, on likes and dislikes, on gossip around the the imperial palace; and her writing was available to many to read.

I don't know if I can do this regularly, but I will try to keep it updated.

Hahahah. Yeah right. I haven't counted them all, but I must have over 500 entries by now. I guess I just love to write. Actually, I think it's more like, I love to talk. I write as if I were talking to the screen, and what you read is what you would get if you were talking directly with me. Words, words, words. I just love it.

Anyway, as I did last year, I will open the floor for to any questions you may have about me. I think many of you know a lot about me already--I am, like Sei Shonagon, an open book on these pages. But if there is something you are curious about, or if you wanna dig a bit deeper, feel free to ask. I will try to answer any and all questions.

No comments: