Sunday, May 22, 2005

Weekend Fluff

First things first:

Congratulations Graduates!

It's been a long hard road but you've finally done it! Kudos to you all!

A

nyway, as I contemplate the many good comments from yesterday's post, I thought I'd complete this survey that I snagged from iluvpajun via Taku. I didn't answer all of the questions as some things should remain private. I am not as open as Taku, but not as private as a new subscriber onebear, she of the nice collarbone.

Anyway, I do this survey since I have a few new subscribers. And I would like to thank those who have bookmarked me on RBJ: In-Young Park and onebear. Of course, I recognize them at my own risk. The last time I thanked RBJ people, 6 readers unsubscribed in a matter of days. Hahahah. I'm not sure if there is a correlation, but it happened the time before, as well. Not as many people, but enough to notice that some unsubscribed. Oh well. To each his own.

Oh yeah, some people asked previously what RBJ is and what benefits there are to being on it. Well, the Rice Bowl Journal is a site where Asians from around the world can register their blogsite. There, bloggers are categorized by heritage, but you can easily find people by location of current residence or blog community (xanga, blogspot, lj). Once you are registered you can participate freely in the RBJ Forum and my current favorite place, the Tagboard. It's made for short messages and we banter a bit on random topics. They also have a Top 100 based on the number of bookmarks: RBJers can bookmark a favorite blog, bookmarks are tallied and sites are then listed in order--I'm currently number 5/6. As for the benefits, there none that are immediately tangible. But through RBJ, I have met many bloggers I probably would not have met on Xanga alone, and for that I am grateful. I think SleepingCutie once said that she began going to RBJ at my recommendation and ended up hooking up with "the boy"... I'm a matchmaker of sorts! Well, unless they break up...So if you're of Asian heritage and interested, go there and tell 'em Onigiriman sent ya'.

Anyway, here's the survey...

Three names you go by:

  1. Sensei--for obvious reasons
  2. Onigiriman--duh
  3. O-man--and this isn't for orgasm

Three screen names you have had:

  1. Onigiriman
  2. Jakuren
  3. JAJournal

Three physical things you like about yourself:

  1. Few gray hairs (for my age)
  2. Few wrinkles (for my age)
  3. Smile--people tell me it's contagious

Three physical things you hate about yourself:

  1. Love-
  2. Handles--I used two lines because that's how big they are.
  3. Short legs--I'm of Japanese heritage

Three parts of your heritage:

  1. Japanese
  2. American
  3. Hiroshima--Second generation atom bomb victim

Three things that scare you:

  1. An administration that caters to its own self-interest, and the interest of big business instead of the people's interest--I won't name, names but his StarWars name is Sugeo.
  2. My own procrastination
  3. M when she's jealous

Three of your everyday essentials:

  1. Coffee
  2. M
  3. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxanga

Three things you are wearing right now:

  1. T-shirt
  2. Pajama bottom
  3. Reading glasses

Three musical artists or bands (I'm old school; Now, who can name at least one song from all three bands?):

  1. Chicago (pre1975)
  2. Cold Blood
  3. Tower of Power

Three things I want in a relationship:

  1. Love
  2. Trust
  3. Se.... I mean, Honesty

Two Truths and One Lie (guess which is the lie):

  1. I have four (4) degrees from post-secondary schools--um, that means degrees after graduating high school...
  2. I was arrested for a DUI, was subjected to a cavity search and spent 48 hours in county lock-up next to a guy named Lefty.
  3. I can tie a stem of a maraschino cherry with my tongue--for those of you who know what I'm talkin' about, know what I'm talking about

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeals to you:

  1. Lips for kissin'--re: Angelina Jolie
  2. Eyes to drown in--re: Jolene Blalock (her lips, too)
  3. Derriere to hold onto to keep me from drowning--re: J.Lo

Three favorite hobbies:

  1. Xanga/writing--these are basically the same
  2. Watching TV/DVDs--I watch films at home because I always start commenting and I get "shushed at" at theaters
  3. Lifting weights--I just need to find the time.

Three things you want to do badly right now:

  1. Lose weight--oh God do I want to lose weight...
  2. Find a job that will pay me what I'm worth
  3. Fix a hole in the bathroom ceiling; the dry wall got messed up because of a leak in the pipes

Three careers you are considering:

  1. Continue as a Japanese professor--it's my true calling
  2. Professional Blogger/Writer
  3. Chef--I love to cook

Three places you want to go on vacation:

  1. Tahiti--I'm interested in the coconut bra industry.
  2. Italy--I love art and coffee and sexy women
  3. Egypt--I want to confirm whether or not aliens actually built the pyramids

Three kids names you really like:

  1. Rebecca
  2. Ray
  3. Sarah

Three things you want to do before you die:

  1. Take M to Europe--except Italy, maybe
  2. Secure a future for my handicapped stepson
  3. Publish a novel--would you read it?

Three people you want to send this survey:

  1. Sammy
  2. Jerri
  3. Onebear

Any questions? And don't forget to guess which one is the lie. It's pretty easy I think...

No comments: