Saturday, December 18, 2004

Still Grading

M

an, grading sucks. But I love my students and I want to make sure that they all get the grade they deserve. Can you imagine some profs barely scan the final exams? Not me. I think it would be unfair to the good students. There has to be somekind of separation between the solid students and the slackers. And with take-home exams, the overnight no-sleep writing style is pretty evident--students had a week to do the work...

Anyway, its 2:30 in the wee hours of the night and its time to call it a night. But before I go, I thought I'd tell you that I started another site just to write Japanese. The cool thing--I thought--was that I could write vertically. Well, after investing far too many precious hours into this project, I found out that many people may not be able to see it properly. I kinda expected that the html coding wouldn't be compatible to old browsers and older machines--my own 4 year old notebook at home reads the characters sideways--but Macs can't seem to read them at all. In fact the vertical writing becomes horizontal! Ugh, how frustrating! Characters and frames overlap each other and it looks like a mess, someone told me. Damn, and I thought it looked really cool on my computer.

Anyway, if you can read Japanese and you have some time to kill, do you think you can go over to my site on Blogspot? And tell me if the site is readable and vertical or if it just looks like a lot of crap? You can leave a comment on that site or here. All comments in English will post sideways (vertical) over there...

Anyway, it's time to give my red pen a break and let it cool down... and time for me to sleep... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: