Sunday, May 23, 2004

I once new a guy...

For the Record 1: Cicada Songs

In case you haven't noticed, the sound eminating from your computer is the song of the cicadas. This is exactly what it sounds like. In fact I hear them right now, and I have the volume completely down. I hear them through our closed windows. They grow louder each day. These critters are all over... BTW: this is not my recording, but one I found on the Internet...

For the Record 2: Disabled E-props

You may also have noticed that I have disabled e-props. I once wrote about it, considering its worth. I've never put any currency in it, and have seen other sites that have disabled it as well, including simplywriting--who has since enabled it--and SleepingCutie--the O-Girl who hooked me up with the script. If anyone gives me a comment, I am truly gratified. But if you do insist on giving me an e-prop, I will take cash instead. Please contact me via e-mail. Hehehehehe... I'm such a slut...

I once knew a guy...

I cannot believe I didn't find this site sooner. Such an eloquent - and well documented account. I'm definitely subscribing to this online gem. --whonose

That's about as nice a compliment as I could receive, but I must tell you that I am not even in the same league as one guy I know. He wrote on a number of different subjects and all were interesting, well written and eloquent. I used to look forward to reading his entries with anticipation daily, wondering what he would write next. Because some jerk basely used his identity, he is no longer among the counted on this planet Xanga.

He once wrote about seeing a friend he hadn't seen in a long time. As he described it, he and a bunch of his friends went to see this now distant friend, who had somehow become wretched and incomprehensible, almost ghost-like in his dark, unlit home. He never saw him again, I think, but the point was the story was scary. It kinda got my hair to stand on end. He also regaled us with a story of an old baseball player he would see in the park when he was young, and how he imagined what it must have been to be a professional ball player. He also had a sense of humor that would make me laugh out loud in front of my computer. His entry on how he had the lips of a god, that he could give any girl a kiss they would never forget. Or that time he claimed that he had pulled the wool over our eyes and that he was actually a woman. Hahahahah. Of course, it was written tongue in cheek, but it was a very fun read.

He was also a thoughtful person. He once surprised the heck outa me when he nominated me for the Best Asian Blog contest. The contest itself had some issues which raised contentious attitudes among some Asian bloggers, but it was nice to be nominated. I didn't even know it at first, I just found out by accident, and when I mentioned it, he finally fessed up. But this is not the only thing that makes him a thoughtful person. For those of you who know him, I'm sure you'd agree that he was a thoughtful commenter on our pages. He was always quick with a compliment and generous with his encouragement.

His writings were crafted with care, and he was as thoughtful a person as there exists on this anonymous planet called Xanga, but the most amazing thing about this guy is that he was a dog. If you looked at his avatar, it was somekind of terrier. I have never been able to figure out how he could type so well with those hairy paws. If you haven't figured it out yet, the guy I'm talking about is SammyStorm. I miss his writing so much... Wherever you are, peace and love, dude...

No comments: