Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Taxes, taxes, taxes

I hate April 15th. I get all my forms together, all my receipts together and try to figure out how to limit my tax responsibility to the amount I am legally required to pay. What a headache... It was suggested to me that I let a professional do my taxes. The money it would cost would be offset by the money I'd save. So I did it...

Well, I paid more taxes than I've ever paid. And I even had to pay for the privilege. These kinds of suggestions I can do without... And not only that, the tax preparer looks at my W2 and is surprised at the income of this instructor: "You certainly aren't wealthy." No shit. As if I needed a professional to tell me that.

But in either case, its over until next year. I don't want to even think about it... I hope everyone else got a refund to "offset" what I paid.

Geez, I need a drink...

Curry party

This Friday, I'm having a curry party for J majors and my bungo students. They are very special to me, as are my former majors. I think there are about 20 coming. I have had a number of people ask me if they could come, but I have turned them away, even those who want to bring a SO. But this will be the last one I hold, unless someone can figure out how I can deduct it from my taxes...

No comments: