Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Radio Shaq

Ever see the Radio Shack commercial where at the end, spokeperson Shaq O'neil asks who's in charge of spelling, snaps his finger and changes "Shack" to "Shaq"? I wish I could do the same with my cable provider...

The weekend was busy, but that's not why I haven't posted. My cable internet was down since Thursday. Of course, on Thursday night, they tell me its gonna be up any time soon, but by Friday night I learn that its a compatibility problem with their new system and the modems they rent out. So they say they're perfectly happy to replace it with a new and better modem: Just bring it in to our retail outlets. Duh. Let's see, that means I have to wait until Monday to get a new one. I think they needed the weekend to get the replacements so they were stringing us along until Friday night... With my cable provider, if its not one thing its another. I used to have cable TV, but I would get fuzzy pictures on some station, frequent line problems and the worst of the worst, wise-ass rude service people. That's why I now have satellite TV instead of cable. Dish provides me better quality with better service. Unfortunately, if I want fast internet, I think cable is the only option. My Internet provider is Cox Cable, but I want to know who's in charge of spelling. They always stick it to us, the consumer: *snap finger* Cocks Cable...

Ok, now there has to be someone more knowledgeable than me about this Internet stuff. Is cable my only option? I know dial-up is incredibly slow. Is DSL as fast as cable? Is it cheaper? I pay 70 smackers a month, but I also can maintain seven e-mail accounts with 10MB of memory each for storage/homepage. I use all seven for 70 MB to store photos on my blogs and stuff. Is that reasonable? or is there a Ford person out there with "a better idea"?

No comments: