Thursday, April 22, 2004

Hi, you're on the air... part 1

I've always been fascinated with the honesty that people manifest when they are anonymous. I used to listen to radio talk shows a lot when I drove to work in LA, and all these people--whether they are talking about sports, or relationships, or family matters--they just let it all hang out... just like here on Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzanga!

O-man: So we were talking about onsen. iiSoNySoUnDii from Florida, you're on the air...

iiSoNySoUnDii: I went with my uncle twice before. It was great. If I could, I'd do it again, but alas, I'm stuck in America for a while because of college.

O-man: You're still young, you can go again.

iiSoNySoUnDii: Eh...maybe if I get to study abroad...

O-man: Remember, study abroad may be your only true chance to experience another country with a high degree of freedom. If you go after you graduate, you will be strapped for money or you will be going for work. Either way, you movement will be limited. Study abroad is a great way to experience a different culture. If you can afford it, by all means, study abroad... SleepingCutie from Vancouver...

SleepingCutie: My aunt wanted me to go to a public bath in Korea with her... but I declined. At that time, I was rather embarrassed about my body.

O-man: Now why would you be embarrassed about your body? Your' not embarrassed anymore are you?

SleepingCutie: Now, I would most definitely take her up on that offer! Nudity is nothing to be ashamed of. =)

O-man: Good for you. It certainly isn't anything to be ashamed of... Especially with your shoulder... Yes, AsnHoopla from, from... What's with all the Canadians?

AsnHoopla: I've never been to one, but I would like to one day. My relatives live in Okinawa, and I'm planning to see them soon.

O-man: Okinawa? That sounds nice. So I guess you don't really know...

AsnHoopla: HOWEVER: I do remember a lesbian grade 10 japanese teacher who was caucasion that told our class about them....

O-man: Hmmm, lesbian, caucasion and a Japanese teacher? That must have been a veeeeeery interesting description. What did she say?

AsnHoopla: (shudder)....:P

O-man: Okay, nevermind... Yes, Fooky11 from Illinois. You're on the air...

fooky11: I've never been to an onsen yet..... I SO want to go but never had a chance to... urgh!

O-man: Really? It thought you were part Japan and lived in Japan. So have you ever bathed in public before?

fooky11: When I first bathed in public was at karate. I was like 9 or 10. I remember all the kids were so excited to compare each other's penis (size, shape) and how much hair you...

O-man: Oops, looks like we got cut off, which is, uh... just as well I think? Okay, zhuzhu from California...

zhuzhu: oh man! my first onsen was last summer. i went to japan with my girlfriend and close guy friend. So we were in hakone, right? and we decide to go try it out. we're in the changing room and this is really awkward, and not because we're getting naked, but because we're getting naked with each other.

O-man: Hahahah, so what happens?

zhuzhu: so we take it slowly. all of a sudden this jolly japanese guy comes out and starts talking. he's laughing uncontrollably and he says, "ohhhhh! you two american huh?" and apparently that makes whatever's funny in the first place even funnier. so he starts ripping off OUR clothes. we were all, "...alkjsdjklasd get your hands off of me!" and he was just laughing the whole time saying, "it's ok, it's ok--we all boys here." and we were thinking, "yea, that's kind of the point." but o well. that was my onsen experience. we got used to it, and went to onsen probably 6 times total on the trip.

O-man: So I guess you ended up really liking the onsen thing, huh? Feel prety good, don't it?

zhuzhu: I guess it's always awkward if you haven't been before, but it feels so damn good. I want to try it in the snow though, that must be fuckin' awesome--i heard it's the prettiest like that.

O-man: It sure is. Even better, a friend of mine and I had some cool sake at the same time: hot bath, cold sake, snowy scenery. Dang, I almost had an orgasm. Hahahahah... Just kidding guys...

To be continued....

No comments: