Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Getting hit on...

A few days ago, I was talking about flirting on Xanga. Killerwahle said he didn't think I flirted, but he DID say that I was narcissistic... Hmm, well I guess I am, but then, isn't everyone on Xanga? Whether you pat yourself on the back, or brag about your most recent date, or bitch about somebody's post--BLAH, BLAH, BLAH--you are expressing YOUR personal opinion for all the world to see. Isn't that narcissistic? Well, I think it is. But I don't think it's bad. Crap, if I did then I'd be admitting that I'm just another narcissistic, onanistic jerk-off. (side note: I think that's the first time I've ever used a word related to Onanism outside of class...) Oh well, if you're reading this, you probably have your own Xanga, but do you think you're narcissistic? Hahahaha...

Anyway, at the risk of being called a self-lover again and again and...
A couple of weeks ago, I was suprised when I got an extraordinarily high number of hits. I went to Sitemeter--a la SleepingCutie--only to find that many were coming to visit from the Xanga home page. I also got this rather cryptic comment from SammyStorm.

Hey! You made the big time! hahaha!
<TABLE class=left cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=1> <TBODY> <TR> <TH class=left vAlign=top>Featured Content <TR> <TD class=left vAlign=top>Onigiriman 6:52 PM
MiSZ_TERi0UZ 6:33 PM
jennaypher 3:01 PM
xNpz_pete 9:41 AM
oojuneoo 12:25 PM
more featured content

I got another similar one from Consummate_Leah as well. It took me a while to figure it out--I'm kinda slow, y'know?--but they had copied the "Featured Content" box on Xanga's hompage. Apparently, they feature sites/entries that get a lot of e-props, and I guess a couple of my entries qualified. But before I start taking bows, I want to say that this is thanks to YOU GUYS. And I always appreciate your visitis and even more your comments. It is for me a great way to interact in an incuous kind of way with complete strangers, who are strangely becoming very familiar... .

Featured Content

ShapelyPatellas 2:15 AM
PRETTY_N_PETITE 4:28 PM
Onigiriman 5:47 PM
SleepingCutie 2:13 PM
wwny 1:39 AM
more featured content

Anyway, it happened again a few days ago. I got something like 242 hits because I was on featured content--and I'm right next to SleepingCutie! Am I special or what! Bwahahaha! Of course she gets that many hits as a matter of course... How does she do it? The funny thing is that the entry they featured is Wednesday's when I responded to all your Valentine's gift suggestions. Can you imagine these people coming only to find an entry that probably makes no sense unless they visit regularly? In any case, I find it kinda wierd to have literally hundreds of strangers coming by. But then, when I think about it, most of you were also strangers when you first came by.... Hmmm, this may seem like a stupid question, but... I wonder what it was that made you decide to visit my bento-bako (lunch box)? My HTML? Hahahaha. Not an important question, to be sure...

No comments: