Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Thanks for all the B-day Greetings

I am unworthy...

On emoticons...
There were a few blogs that seem to take forever to load. I think Purin-kun told me that my page took time to load cuz of the music... I have not experienced that problem here or on other sites. But I have had problems with emoticons. There are a number of sites that now feature emoticons on their "Add comments" page, and for some reason, this causes my computer to take a minute or two to load the page, or even freeze sometimes. Okay, I guess its my sucky computer with its itty-bitty RAM. But it is irritating to wait, while I could be reading someone elses blog... Anyway, I'm not asking anyone to change--although I know that mmh took hers off recently (Yeah!). And as for Purin-kun, I will do something with my music to accomodate you. I don't want to take it off completely, but I'm working on a way for those interested to just click on the song they want to hear. That way, they can go to other sites while still listening to the song without remaining on my page... But not until after Christmas, I think. I'm leaving Yamashita Tatsuro's "Christmas Eve" on for a while... I like this song... Reminds me of Christmas in Japan...

Asian blog award revisited...
On an interesting note, I have been getting a number of visitors from http://www.flyingchair.net/vote.php?categoryID=8 which is where they are holding the Asian Blog Awards. SammyStorm was nice enough to nominate me and I am truly flattered, but the minor uproar at RBJ about what defines an "Asian" blog has kinda turned me off. I can kinda see both sides of the argument, but the fact that there has to be an argument at all took the enjoyment out of what should have been some simple fun. But... you can still vote for me... hahahahah. Just kidding....

No comments: