Saturday, November 15, 2003

Xanga's Was Down

And so I linked my RBJ to the JAJournal, and found out that because of RBJ, I am actually getting more readers. I realized this because if an RBJ member comes to a Xanga site, they can't leave a message unless s/he is a Xanga member, too. But here, they are free to leave a comment on my guest book. Nan left this very encouraging message.

    your site's my favorite in the ricebowl journals. i'm learning and being entertained at the same time. please keep it up, but no pressure!

Thanks, Nan, whoever you are. I went to RBJ and looked for you, but was unsuccessful. Do you go by another name? Oh, well. I do appreciate your kind words. Although, you are just adding fuel to the fire, encouragement to the addiction. Hehehe...

I am totally bummed out! I went to one of my favortie sites, Kumachi.com, and found that she was not feeling very cheerful, so I thought I'd cheer her up with a stupid true story of mine in Japan, but found out that she had the exact same experience. I guess my little story was nothing new to her, so I will put it up here in the hopes it will make some of you smile. The story is in Japanese, but I'll put up a translation as well, although you have to understand Japanese to get the joke...



Doh! What and idiot... Let me explain. Marui Department Store uses the symbols OIOI because O represents "maru" (circle) and I represents the alphabet 'i'. Now the stupid American decides to read both characters as alphabets, giving the pronunciation, oh-i-oh-i, or oyoy. Why do the Japanese do this? There always seems to be a sinister plot to foil foreigners from mastering Japanese...

Oh, almost forgot. It's football Saturday. My Bruins are playing there final home game of the season against the Oregon Ducks. AND IT'S NOT ON TV! What's up with that? Also, Coach Dorrell has decide to give the car keys back to Drew Olsen. I'm not sure how much more I can take their losing ways, their November swoons. Where are the days when we fielded decent teams? *sigh* We can only hope that the Bruins will win this week and also next against our arch rival...

No comments: