Thursday, November 06, 2003

Say Yes

Say Yes / Chage and Aska
HattoriHanzo mentioned that Takeda Tetsuya reminded him of this song, the theme from the TV show "101st Proposal". Tetsuya's famous line was (this might be a paraphrase) "Anata wo aishiteru kara, boku wa shinimashen!" (I love you, so I will NYOT die!) While the ending was kind of iffy, the first 8 episodes or so were classic, probably the best romance drama...

I thought you were busy! Hmph!
Yesterday, I was taken to task by Kai., She dropped by my office as I was putting together this particular entry. The exchange went something like this... well not exactly, but sorta...

    "Do you think you can have a my recommendation ready by Thanksgiving?"
    "I'll try, but no promises, I have a lot of work. I've got Midterms to grade and stuff, y'know." I say, trying to avoid another task for this weekend.
    "Stuff like XANGA?!? You write a lot and update a lot. You always say you're busy!"
    "But I am..." I protest feebly.
    "And what are you doing now?"
    "........."
    "Does your wife know why you're ignoring her?"
    "........." Busted.....

101st Proposal Hyaku ikkai me no puropo-zu
I can't get it out of my mind now. Okay, this was the process. Zettonv tells me I look like Takeda Tetsuya. "Hmm... Do I really?" I wonder out loud here on Xanga. Then HattoriHanzo comments that I do look like him, but he also says that Tetsuya reminds him of the song Say Yes--now playing--by Chage and Aska. I load the song to play and it brings back memories of the TV show, 101st Proposal, and I put up the one line that sticks out in the whole drama for me. Tetsuya is standing in the middle of the road, screaming at Asano Yuko, "I will nyot die. I love, so I will nyot die." (I write it "nyot" cuz it sorta resembles "shinimaSHEN") Then, Takunishi posts a couple of exerpts that exemplify Tetsuya's emotions in the show. Below is a translation for those who can't read it.

    My dream was to become a lawyer. But it's been awhile since I've given it up. But, I'll go for it one more time.
    My heart is crying. When I think I can no longer see you, I cry and cry, morning, noon, and night. I'm sure that I'll cry through the spring and summer and fall and winter, as well.
    That's why I'll no longer give up on my dream, on you Kaori. As a man, I'll show you that I can get you back.

    * * * * * * * * * * *
    Y'know, the next time, when I'm reborn, my face, my body, wouldn't be like this. I thought I'd be the kind of guy that girls will come screaming for.
    I'd be sharp, have a successful job, and have money, too....
    In any case, I wanted to be a guy that was completely opposite to what I am now.
    But, y'know... Lately, I've come to think, isn't a guy like me pretty good? This guy called Tatsuro Hoshino? As I've gradually fallen in love with you--before I realized it--I've come to like myself a bit, as well.

Ok, ok. It's kinda corny, and my translation doesn't do it justice. But I really liked this drama. Takunishi said he might go out and rent it again... Can you rent this?!? Damn, I wanna see it again, too.

No comments: