Monday, August 11, 2003

Sans Xanga Weekend--No Fluff

I'm sure everyone experienced the slowdown and virtual shutdown of Xanga. According to a/the site manager, Dan, Xanga was on the receiving end of a Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attack. Check on his site for more detail.


Filling monaka with anko at the sweetshop... Yes, I always washed my hands first! ca. 1974

The Weekend without Xanga was also Musubi-chan's birthday as well, so I had planned to spend time with her instead of sitting in front of the computer all day. In anticipation of this, I had created an alphabetical list of priorities, but I think I'll hold that off until later. For now, here is a pic of me at the sweetshop--you can read the name of the place on the black box behind me. I will also relate to you--as boring as this may sound--my weekend

Friday I took Musubi-chan shopping at our local shopping mall, Tyson's Corner. I know her size--0 petite--and her taste--basically anything black or white that is trendy--but I have found it increasingly easier to let her choose her birthday pressents, since I have no idea waht is trendy... She chose three tops, two pairs of apparently(?) stylish sweat pants, a pair of shoes, a pair of slacks, and dinner. She also wanted a dress, but I convinced her to allow me to let my credit cards cool off. I had to promise that it'd be cool enough by Christmas...

Saturday we went grocery shopping and then just puttered around the house--the plumbing is finally fixed, by a plumber of course. In the evening, Musubi-chan said she was thirsty, so we headed out to our local watering hole...

Sunday morning I felt awful. Takunishi79 has been under the weather but still managed to take care of his kids. Props to a very dedicated councelor (is that your title?). You should read what he does with Vietnamese youths in Georgia (it's in English, this time)... I, too, felt rather poorly, but my misery was self-inflicted. I went with Musubi-chan to Glory Days, our local sports bar, to watch the Redskins play in their first preseason game. We sat there from 8:30 to 11pm, and I downed 6 and half pints of Yeung Ling beer--the half was the last half Musubi-chan couldn't finish. If you're counting, that's 104 ounces, or 3.25 quarts in 2.5 hours. Now, there are those who may say, "Is that all?"--especially those of you in college. And I will admit that I used to drink more when I was your age. But at my current age, that's about all I can take. Now, my head feels like mush and my stomach feels like a keg of beer... as I adjust myself in my chair, I notice that it even LOOKS like a keg of beer... I'm glad God invented Alka Seltzer, snooze buttons and treadmills...


No comments: