Sunday, April 21, 2013

Long time no see

I can't believe that its been a year and a half since I've written anything here. I think I've been watching too much TV. I really should focus on the act of writing again. It seems to me that everyone is into social media and other forms of instant information--which usually means something short and sweet a well--so I don't expect anyone to read what I write here anymore, but I will try to write something.

As an academic, I'm expected to research and publish. Well, I do my research but I'm not very good at writing, so I think I just need to get into the practice of writing... just writing. I don't need to write a thesis here or anything heavy duty. Just the simple act of writing is what's important for me now. And with summer coming soon, I should get into the swing of writing so I can hit the ground running when I do find myself having to pound the keyboard and putting some scholarly ideas into text.
But we'll see. Only time will tell.

No comments: