Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ratatouille

ratatouille

Given the content of the previous post, I can't figure out why I rented the DVD, Ratatouille. It's a Pixar animation about a rat that finds his way from the countryside to the City of Lights and becomes--get this--a chef at a famous restaurant. Ugh. Rats shit where they eat, and this one is cooking in the restaurant? There are a couple of scenes when there were dozens of rats in one shot crawling through the kitchen pantry. I think M almost fainted.

What was I thinking?

They should have shown the rats shitting around the kitchen, then having the droppings get people sick. That, at the very least, would have been a public service to educate kids that rats are not cute furry little animals but disease carrying vermin.

1 comment:

ws said...

I'm confused...there's a post in my reader from your blog about archiving past posts and now it is gone. Pondering my past is one thing...writing about it might require taking the blog private, an idea I've toyed with for a few months now anyway.

But, that's not why I'm commenting. Here's why. A few weeks ago you left this comment on one of my posts: "but I do hope that I can influence at least some of my students positively. But lately, I'm not so sure how successful I am."

I've wanted to respond for a while, but wasn't sure what to say. I still don't know if this will make sense. Sometimes people aren't ready to hear what they need to hear, but if the seed is planted perhaps when that same person is ready they will remember the lesson. And also realize that those people were just trying to help all along. There's a chance I'm speaking from experience.

Sorry for the long winded comment...just wanted to share that.