Monday, October 02, 2006

Not Living In the Real World

I

put absolutely no stock in these Internet quizzes, especially the ones that try to determine you personality or character. I mean, seriously, how can, say, eight to twelve questions avaluate you, grasp you, in your entirety?

That being said, I am still a sucker for tthese quizzes. I found the one below at starberri92's site the other day, and even as I was telling myself how stupid these quizzes are, I've already finshed taking it. What gets me even more, I can almost convince myself that this is very close to the truth.

You Are Surrealism
1. Dreamy and idealistic, you've created a world that is all your own.
2. It's very likely that you've either dabbled in drugs or are naturally trippy.
3. You are always trying to push beyond the boundaries of your culture and society.
4. You believe that art, love, and freedom can change the world.

So let's see now. Am I dreamy? Well, I will often "imagine" various scenarios related to my life, like what would I do if I hit the lottery. No, not just "I'll go to Tahiti" but I will create a scenario that clearly outlines how I will spend and divide the money. Is this creating "a world that is all your own"?

As for 2, I will take the 5th...

I do push the boundaries trying to convince my students to think differently, to challenge and question everything, that they are ACTUALLY smarter than they think. Maybe even smarter than me... well, okay, not "maybe"...

And I do think that art, love and freedom will change the world. I've gotta believe that most of the members of the current administration boycotted finger painting when they were in kindergarden, because they are using war, fear (of terrorists attacks) and torture (including waterboarding and sleep deprivation) to try to change their world.

Peace and love, all...

No comments: