Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Congratulations Graduates

T

his is a bit belated, but congratualtions to all the graduates, especially mine! They all graduated on Sunday, and some of us clebrated with a beer at the local watering hole. I've been buried with grading this past couple of weeks, but I did manage to help out with our departmental graduation reception--where I posed with graduates and parents alike--go to their college graduations and the final university-wide commencement on the Mall. Yes, our school conducts graduation on the National Mall with the Capitol on one side and the Washington Monument on the other. It's quite impressive, but mostly for the parents.

Finally finished

Well, I finally finshed grading finals. Woo hoo! It took me an inordinately long time this year, but then that's because I had other things on my plate. But I'll talk about them later. For now, I just want to catch my breath.

No comments: