Tuesday, January 24, 2006

These Boots Were Made for Walking

A

s I should have known, spring semester is the busiest semester for me. So many classes, so much work, so little time. I'm already tired and the semester is only a week old. There are seven more weeks until spring break (yeah!), and 14 more weeks before the end of the semester. I'm already counting the days...

As I count these days, I am exercising. Running is the fastest way to lose weight and get fit, but I am perhaps getting too old for that, so M suggested I focus on walking. There is a lesser chance of me giving up and quitting. She said that I/everyone should take 10,000 steps a day. Yes, ten thousand. But not to fret. I figured it all out. I walk rather briskly and take 140 steps per minute, so a walk to the train station for me--I just counted it today--is 700 steps. That's 1400 round trip. That leave, oh, only 8600 steps for the rest of the day. That's about one hour's worth of walking.

The problem is that I do not walk for an hour even on a busy day. So I walked on the treadmill for an hour this morning. So I got my 10,000 steps in today. Unfortunately, as M said, this is for my health. If I want to lose weight, I have to try to DOUBLE that amount.

*gulp*

So I'm walking another hour on the treadmill in the basement as I watch the news before I go to sleep. I'm hoping I'll be so exhausted, I'll just crash. All this exercise will de-stress me, I'm hoping. So I'm off...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i first got a treadmill, i used it everyday to maintain my weight (or even lose a couple of pounds as I had hoped). but when the school semester starts, i only get to use it on weekends.

-G

KwokSiong said...

don't worry so much...