Friday, December 30, 2005

Almost Finished

Y

es, I finally decided to get serious last night and graded furiously. Consequently, I am just about finished. Just in time for the Sun Bowl where UCLA plays Northwestern. I hope to greet the New Year with all accounts closed--i.e. all grades in--and with a Bruin victory. God knows we need it after the spanking we got from you-know-who.

A couple of weeks ago, mmh, posted a questionnaire, at the end of which she listed the Xangans whom she wanted to complete the same. So here it is.

  1. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what is the first thing you look at?
    A. This is an unusually revealing question. I look at my waistline... no, that's not right. I look at the area that used to be my waistline. All that is there now is a very undistinguished paunch. I must do something immediately to regain my girlish figure... maybe after all the Christmas candy is gone.
  2. How much cash do you have on you today?
    A. $3.47. Now that they accept credit cards vitually anywhere--even at Wendy's--I am disinclined to walk around with cash. Unfortunately, this often leads to large credit card bills. I'm not the sort to keep track of every penny I spend, which is why I should go back to a cash-and-carry system.
  3. What's a word that rhymes with "test"?
    A. Oktoberfest!
  4. Favorite plant?
    A. This question was probably included to induce respondents to write Cannabis, but not me. We have a hydrangea growing in our back yard that is beautiful.
  5. Who is the fourth person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
    A. I don't own a cell.
  6. What is the main ring tone on your cell phone?
    A. I don't own a cell.
  7. What shirt are you wearing?
    A. A black T-shirt.
  8. Do you label yourself?
    A. Yeah, a procrastinating old man... speaking of which, I should get back to grading.
  9. Brand of shoes you're currently wearing.
    A. I'm barefoot at the moment, but the brand I normally wear is Sketchers. They seem to fit my feet perfectly.
  10. Bright or dark room?
    A. I don't get the question. I prefer a bright room when I'm reading or eating, but a dark room when I go to sleep.
  11. What were you doing at midnight last night?
    A. Asleep in front of the TV watching the news.
  12. What was the last text message you received on your cell phone?
    A. For the third freakin' time, I don't own a cell phone!
  13. Do you ever click on "pop ups" or banners?
    A. Never intentionally. These things should be outlawed.
  14. What's a saying that you say a lot?
    A. I must admit that I probably need communication training, but I have the habit of saying, "no shit" and "oh man" a lot. But an expression officially recognized by proper English speakers that I do use a lot would be "From your mouth to God's ear," meaning "I wish it were so." But then, these are expressions that I realize that I use. There may be others that I am not fully aware of. I'd appreciate if my students would chime in about this. (future blues obviously has no qualms about expressing his opinions!)
  15. Who told you they love you last?
    A. M, of course.
  16. Last furry thing you touched?
    A. I plead the fifth.
  17. How many drugs have you done in the past three days?
    A. Zero, unless alcohol is a drug, in which case I'd have to fess up to, um... 2 pints equal 1 quart, 4 quarts to the gallon... About four gallons?
  18. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
    Zero. A. I don't take photos as often as I used to.
  19. Favorite age you have been so far?
    A. Seventeen! But this title is actually it's own blog...
  20. Your worst enemy?
    A. My procrastinating self... I really should get back to grading...
  21. What is your current desktop picture?
    A. A poorly farked photo of King Kong and M's favorite toy.
  22. What was the last thing you said to someone?
    A. To M, "Is there still some coffee?"
  23. If you have to choose between 1, 000, 000 bucks or to be able to change a major regret?
    A. I will always take one million smackers. I have my share of regrets, but it is a part of the fabric that is the Onigiriman. I like to think that regret makes me into a better person at times.
  24. Do you like someone?
    A. I love M. I like everyone else... well, almost.
  25. The last song you listened to?
    A. Christmas Eve.
  26. People I hope to see do this quiz?
    1. Enygma81
    2. Daddylike
    3. devjome
    4. PiscesTiff
    5. onigiri
    6. SunJun

Of course, this is non-binding.

No comments: