Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

L

ately, the life of the O-man has been quite challenging, from immigration issues, to financial concerns, to stacks of papers and quizzes to grade, to students demanding a letter of recommendation right now or I will be preventing them from going home for Thanksgiving--I will write about soon since I can't quite quell this particular demon. But there are a couple of things that I am grateful for, things that allow me to maintain hope, remain sane and continue to post--albeit more and more infrequently--here on Xanga.

  • I am thankful for the friends, especially the old ones, I got reaquainted with at our reunion this past summer.
  • I am thankful for having a job--this is nothing to take for granted lately.
  • I am thankful for the my health and the health of my family, friends, fellow Xangans and students.
  • I am thankful for M's love and care which I so selfishly indulge in.
  • I am thankful for our relative peace in this post-9/11 world.
  • I am thankful for--and this is the most important because they bring a smile on my face, they have offered me excitement, but most importantly they have given me hope. They have taught me that no matter how badly you are disrespected, no matter how low the opinions of others may be, you can strive with great effort and succeed in the endeavor of your choice--I am truly, truly thankful to the 9-1 UCLA Bruins. Everyone and his uncle picked UCLA to be middling, no better than a .500 team. And yet that have generated so much excitement and hope around Bruin Nation. Thanks Bruins! (You knew I had to work that one in, right? I'm such a Homer)

Eight clap!
(Clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap)
U (clap-clap-clap)
C (clap-clap-clap)
L (clap-clap-clap)
A (clap-clap-clap)
U-C-L-A fight fight fight!

Woo hoo! Gooooooo Bruins!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

No comments: