Saturday, October 01, 2005

No, I'm not finished...

N

o, it has nothing to do with the Bruins, although that in and of itself would be reason enough. But no, that is not it. Yesterday, I got a call from an old friend who happened to be in town, and we went drinking (I will talk about him later)... and I am now paying for it. I am working furiously to get this paper out sometime today to my editor. I am addressing the issues she raised in her feedback. Aaargh! What am I doing on Xanga?

Thank God the Bruin game is on late tonight. A 7:15 PM kick-off at the Rose Bowl means a 10:15 game here on the East Coast so I have the rest of the day to focus on my work. I WILL GET IT DONE! I have to, because I must see my belolved Bruins spank them Huskies from the University of Washington. UCLA's offensive engine is purring like a dream and I doubt that the UDub doggies can stop it--as long as UCLA stays focused on the task at hand. Quarterback Drew Olson was named Pac-10 offensive player of the week and the Sporting News National player of the week after we beat Oklahoma. He has developed into a fine QB after taking a lot of heat the past two years. He is proving that he has the skills; he was perhaps under-achieving. But we must contain the doggies' QB Stanback. He is mobile and has a good arm. But I am sure our D will focus on him. If they do that, the game should be over rather early. But still, they shouldn't overlook them.

Speaking of which, I shouldn't overlook my work. Time to get back to the grind...

No comments: