Sunday, October 16, 2005

Cardiac Cubs, 44-41

T

he LA Daily News has dubbed my beloved UCLA Bruins the Cardiac Cubs. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. Losing for most of the game, only to pull it out in the end is not good for the heart. They survive Washington, stun Cal, and then go to Pullman, WA, to play Washington State, beathing them in overtime.

Okay, that may not sound like a big deal, but the Bruins had to come back in a game in which they were down by 21 points--twenty-one--TWICE. 21-0 and 28-7. Moreover, as if losing to Cal by 12 points, 40-28, in the 4th quarter before mounting a come back wasn't good enough, yesterday the Bruins were down by 17, 38-21, in the 4th quarter. I was completely prepared to deal with our first loss of the season. And with less than five minutes to play, we start our game tying drive from our own 4 yard line. That's a 96 yard drive, guys. Of course, in overtime, I was pretty confident we'd win. These guys are pretty amazing this year, but if they don't cut it out soon, I'm gonna have myself a coronary. Can we have an easy win, just once? I'm exhausted.

*sigh*

Anyway, I'm off this wonderfully cool and sunny autumn Sunday only to check and double check all the immigration documents we need for M's interview this Tuesday. Hopefully, this will end our permanent residency woes with the Citizenship and Immigration Service. This, too, has been a situation that hasn't been too good for the ol' ticker. Hope we get everything resolved. It has been the kind of stress that begins to affect the other aspects of my life. Well, there is only one other apect of my life--work--which is why football is so important to me. It is my only, I-can-forget-everything release. But still, really guys, how about an easy win?

No comments: