Sunday, August 21, 2005

Is it Sunday Already?





W


ith the end of the summer session, I have been trying to catch up on all the things I have neglected: family, cleaning around my desk, gardening, etc. I can't believe I've haven't updated since Thursday. One of the things I 've been working on is a new website design fro our department. I've been struggling with dropdown menus. I found a free program called uMenus at download.com. It's okay, but the direction of the the menus is limited.


Anyway, this is something I can work around if I design the site adequately. But I wanted to add some images to the page that represent the three languages we teach: Chinese, Japanese and Korean. I thought that among us scholars I could get a few photos that I could crop and edit to use on our site. But, egads! Scholars are definitely not photographers. I looked on the Internet and there are, of course, a lot of great photos, but they are all copyrighted. So here's another question for y'all.


Is there a site that offers free images or stock photos? Or would any of you be willing to send me a photo of famous/recognizable sites from China, Japan and Korea? I will, of course, attribute the photo to you if I use it. Leave me a comment so I can email you... Or you can email it to me at onigiriman at gmail dot com.


Anyway, thanks to all of you for your advice and comments on the previous post. I think I will seriously look into Verizon Fios. It's actually $25 dollars cheaper--$300 annually--so I could probably buy space for much cheaper. Don't some of those domain name places also provide Internet space? Maybe I should get onigiriman.com or .net or something... Muwahahahahaha, The narcissistic get even more so...

No comments: