Friday, July 01, 2005

Dr. Phil's Test

T

here seems to be a glut of quizzes, surveys and interviews on Xanga these days. I used to find them amusing, but there are so many now, I'm afraid of of being sucked into them... not that anyone would tag me. Hahahhahah... Anyway, I found this test on onebear's site. On the test site, it state's:

Dr. Phil gave this test on Oprah and she got 38.

Read on, this is very interesting, but don't be overly sensitive!

The following is pretty accurate. And it only takes 2 minutes. Take this test for yourself and send it to your friends.

Answers are for who you are now......not who you were in the past.

This is a real test given by the Human Relations Dept. at many of the major corporations today. It helps them get better insight concerning their employees and prospective employees. It's only 10 simple questions, so lets go ...


I am not much of a Dr. Phil fan. He strikes me as having a holier-than-thou attitude when he imparts his advice that is both obvious and condescending. And this rubs me the wrong way. But still, the thought that this was an actual "test" intrigued me enough to actually take it. So here are the results of my test:

Your ResultsYour total score is 46

Interpretation of Results
Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out.

Response: Actually, I don't know how to respond. I'd like to think this is the kind of person I am, but one's self-image is not necessarily the same as the image projected to others. I've been told that while I try to be "kind, considerate and understanding", I am sometimes too willing to speak my mind and ultimately come off as blunt and abrasive.

So how's this: Why don't you guys tell me if the Interpretation of Results is accurate. I realize that this test is supposed to reflect the "views" of people who I actually meet. But I'd like to know how I come off online. So if you have the time and the compunction, could you tell me how accurate you think the results are? I'd also like the feedback of my students as well, if they are willing, of course...

You can take the quiz as well. Click here.

Anyway, last night I came home after the Final and decided to go to Glory Days to "celebrate" the end of first session. After four beers, I was in no mood to do work. Instead, I was in bed and fast asleep by 1 AM, which for me amounts to some kind of record these days.

So the Master Procrastinator will spend the day grading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bah. That's the same result I got.

Anonymous said...

Off-topic: Now what's with the surgical mask? LOL. I hope this blog is SARS-free. I just noticed.