Sunday, May 29, 2005

Weekend Vagarity

V

agarity n. 1. the quality or condition of randomness, the tendency to change one's mind withoug apparent or adequate motive; whimisicality.

Not that no one would be able to figure out this word that does not exist in my dictionary...

When public toilets are filthy

Hey guys. Have you ever stepped into a filthy public toilet--particularly those porta-potties that seem to be overflowing with filth? We, as guys, have the luxury of taking care of business while standing, but have you ever paused to consider how hellacious it must be for women? I mean, seriously! These places have urine splattered all over the place and they often do not have toilet paper. Damn, just thinking about it grosses me out. So what the hell do women have to do to relieve themselves? I finally asked someone and she told me with a straight face: She stands and does it!

I had to ask: Oh... okay. You straddle the seat and hunch down just a little. That I can imagine. But what about those porta-potties. You can't straddle those toilets. What do you do in those cases?

Well, she still stands. Apparently this girl can and will take a leak standing like a guy, although I'm not too sure of the mechanics involved. And considering the equipment, I can't imagine they would have very good aim. I should have inquired more on this aspect but I was too shocked and too impressed.

2 truths and 1 lie

Two Truths and One Lie (guess which is the lie): Here are the answers to the question embedded in the survey I filled out last weekend.

  1. I have four (4) degrees from post-secondary schools--um, that means degrees after graduating high school...
    TRUE: Okay, no one fell for this one... I do have four degrees: AA, BA in Japanese, MA in East Asian Literatures and Cultures, and a PhD in Japanese.
  2. I was arrested for a DUI, was subjected to a cavity search and spent 48 hours in county lock-up next to a guy named Lefty.
    FALSE: Lefty was a fish truck driver who used to come by our house on Wednesdays. I have never been next to a guy named Lefty in county lock-up.
  3. I can tie a stem of a maraschino cherry with my tongue--for those of you who know what I'm talkin' about, know what I'm talking about
    TRUE: I can put the stem in my mouth and tie an overhand knot with my tongue. The myth says that anyone who can do this can also do well a number of other dexterous things with the tongue. I leave the rest to your imagination.

Nerdiness

I am nerdier than 38% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

gyjcwang: oh god...even the O-man has gone over to the nerdy side...

Jason left this comment after I put up my own Asian StarWars name, and it's been on my mind ever since. Did I actually go over to the nerdy side? Is the force strong in me, just laying dormant? I had to know! Fortuantely, I found this quiz on Taku's site. Fortunately, I learned that I am not much of a nerd at all. Indeed, I think that the bulk of this score--38 out of 100--is probably due to the the fact that I actually took the quiz in the first place. You all know how nerdy that is. Speaking of which...

StarWars....

I saw StarWars yesterday. And I must say, I have now seen all 6 episodes in the order they were produced and all in theaters. Do you notice how I am not providing a qualitative assessment? Hmmm. I wonder why. But I will say that the ending should fit episode 4--nee episode 1--like a glove. They provided an explantion of the Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker relationship and why Vader has to wear funeral black even in the summer.

No comments: