Monday, January 31, 2005

Meetin' Up

H

ave you ever wondered who leaves comments on your site? I'm sure that all of you have friends who leave comments, but there are also those whom you have never met, right? Now, don't you wonder from time to time who they are? What they're really like? And don't you sometimes get the hankerin' to meet them in the flesh?

Well, I have only met one so far, Ender. She was a person I met through other students who were studying in Japan. She ultimately matriculated to the school where I teach, and came to take a Japanese placement exam from me. When I saw her e-mail address, I thought, "Now where have I seen this name before?" Hahhahah. It was her. But she came to my site because she had met some of my students, so while it was fun to meet her, it was not that unusual.

The other day, I went to school and entered my office when I found the following note on the floor.

Again, I'm thinking, :"Where have I heard this name before?" Okay, I may sound stupid, but haven't you ever met someone out of context and not immediately recognize the name or face? Well, I have, many times. And this time was no exception. After staring at the message for 5 minutes it finally sunk in. It's SunJun. Hahhahahah. Damn! I wish I had been in when he came. I definitely would have liked to have met him. But unfortunately, it was not meant to be. Oh well. Maybe next time....

But on Saturday, I finally did meet someone, although it seems I sorta missed someone was well. But I'll write about it later. For now, it's time to sleep. I had a busy weekend, a long flight, and I'm exhausted...

No comments: