Monday, December 06, 2004

My Place

"It's your blog and you should write about whatever you enjoy writing about."

T

his site is called Onigiriman. While it's not my real name--in case you were wondering--it is still me, and I will write about what I want to write about because... people encourage me to do so. The words of wisdom above are from RachelsMommy--God bless her--from a couple of months ago. I guess this was when I was writing different things. Well, lately its been football, and what does she say now?

When I saw your name jump to the top of my sub list on a Sunday afternoon... I knew it would be about football! Bah!

But, but, but... it's my blog and I enjoy writing about college football.

Allanwr: I must admit that reading the last two or three entries has been pretty dull to me.

Okay, okay, I have to admit, in all honesty, that I'm a pretty dull guy. These last few entryies have sorta sealed the deal...

jerjonji: First- write about what ever you are feeling passionate about when you sit down to write and we'll read. i'll love EVERYTHING you write.

Well, I'm glad someone loves what I write. I have been told by others that they enjoy my writings. I'm not sure why. I don't consider myself a particularly skilled writer, but I do enjoy writing what is in my heart--as dull as it may seem to some. Indeed, with me, you get what I'm all about at any given moment. Whether you enjoy it or not, agree with me or not, I think you can trust me to be straightforward with my thoughts and feelings. And perhaps that is what some may find attractive. I love to write and I write with a passion... and for this past week, my passion has been with my alma mater, UCLA, and their game with our dreaded rival--all the more so because they are ranked number one in the nation!--USC.

cgran: Heh, it doesn't really matter what we think, does it? I mean the blog is in essence a way for you to vent about the things you want to talk about. I'm interested in reading things that the reader is obviously interested in, because it shows in the way that they write. The way you write passionately about UCLA is just as interesting as the way you write about your life, your family, you job, your views, etc.

Well, anything I write about, I have a passion for. As many of you should know, the most important commodity you possess and control is your own time. I have precious little of it, so I commit time to write on topics that I believe are worth it... to me. Of course, who's to say it is worth it to you? Many probably don't think it's worth it at all. I have subscribers unsubscribe occasionally, and it is usually when I write a string of entries they find dull or disagreeable. Man, my entries on the presidential race caused a significant number of readers to unsubscribe. Oh well, I guess they want to read only those things they want to agree with. Me? I read anyone who is interesting, whether I share their view or not.

Anyway, I am what I write--I was gonna use this as my title--so if you like what I write, you'd probably like me in person. Ask my students--they're usually pretty identifiable when they leave the occasional comment. They'd probably tell you that my online character is pretty much what they get in class and in my office. And if I knew you were coming to visit, I'd even take a shower to make the experience bearable. Seriously...

No comments: