Monday, October 25, 2004

Rainy Days and Mondays...

A

ctually, it's not raining, but it is Monday, the beginning of another week. It is now officially the 9th week of the semester, which means there are seven more weeks to go. One of the perks of being a teacher is the joy of looking forward to vacation. Of course, since I teach summer school, it is rather pointless. But still, teaching summer school is more laid back than the regular semester. And I still look forward to other long breaks, including winter break and spring break.

Officially, I should be working on my research or course prep for the following semester, but, hey, I still get to take time off, and my time is my own so I can schedule things the way I want it. In any event, 7 more weeks till finals and then winter break! Yahoo! I love being on the backside of the semester.

Thanks for the input.

I changed yesterday's comics a bit, consolidating a variety of the ideas offered. Thanks, guys. I knew I could count on you. See below for the new version...

On Xanga, lately, I've been kinda sidetracked. I know that I have some senryu to judge--yes, I haven't forgotten--and I want to continue my reminiscences of my summer vacation back in 1965. But school has kept me busy, and the presidential election has motivated me to express my opinions like no other election in recent memory. I am tempted to write more, but I don't want to talk about Swift Boats or Sinclair Television or the Backdoor Draft or Dan Rather or Voter Fraud or any number of other topics related to this election. But I will say that you should all vote. I don't care who you are voting for. I just hope that everyone looks at all the facts, the records and the positions and votes in an informed fashion.

I hope I don't have to stand in line too long...

No comments: