Thursday, October 14, 2004

No energy...

H

ello. The cold's gotten a bit better. My coughing has diminished and my body aches are virtually gone. But I'm still not 100%. I am such a loyal teacher that I didn't take off of work last week. Instead, I fed myself handfuls of Tylenol and gutted it out. I had to cut one class short when I couldn't stop coughing, but other than that, I was able to last through my classes. Oops, actually I canceled one class, the senior proseminar. First time in my career I've canceled a class due to illness...

Anyway, getting through classes under the weather is exhausting. I'd get home and just go to sleep. I barely had enough energy to grade papers and prepare for class... oh yeah and some Xanga, no TV... well, the debates and maybe the UCLA game... but nothing else, I swear! The best thing about this cold has been that I slept 6-8 hours a night! That's dreamland for me. And after a relaxing weekend, I feel stronger and I'm no longer taking Tylenol or other pain killers to get me through the day. And my cough has more or less subsided.

But since I did little else but teach last week, I'm now confronted with a mountain of undone work. Ugh. And I'm still trying to catch up. I will return to Xanga soon and hope to visit every single one of you when I can. Promise.

No comments: