Saturday, May 15, 2004

Happy and sad

F

irst things first. I saw my first cicada today. No, no the one in my banner, but a live one... And only one. I saw another one, but it was already dead. Let me tell ya, they really do have berry red eye. Creepy.

Second things second, I finished grading. Yea! Now summer session begins on Tuesday and the grading cycle starts all over again. *sigh* No rest for the weary.

But the most important for last. This is Graduation Weekend at my school. I will be going to the school graduation today and the general graduation on the Washington Ellipse between the White House and the Wachington Monument on Sunday. Yes, folks, this is probalby one of the coolest graduations around. Can you imagine? Now if they could only line-up an interesting speaker... My first year here, we had Bill Cosby. Man was that a great graduation! We've also had Bob Dole, Archbishop Tutu, and Madeleine Albright. It has been pretty illustrious, but the "star" quality has been declining lately. All are wonderful speakers but nothing like the four I just mentioned... But I did like Tony Bennett. I still can't figure out what all the fuss was about...

Anyway, will you join me in extending congratulations to all of them and to all gradutates this year? (this would include people like enygma81 who graduated in fall semester, too!)

Congratulations Graduates!

Finally, on a very sad note. My favorite Xangan has decided to leave Xanga. You can visit SammyStorm and read why he has decided to leave. It is very disturbing that anyone would abuse Xanga in such a way. Anyway, I will address this later. To talk about Sammy and his contribution to my life requires the attention and consideration I am unable to give this weekend. I just wanted to let you know that I am very, very sad... I hope it wasn't anyone I know who has forced him to leave...

No comments: