Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Aaaargh!

I am royally pissed. I'm sure some of you have already read them, but do you remember my previous post with all the comments to your senryu poems? Well, Xanga lost them somehow.

I don't know what happened, but after I had put on the finishing touches, prffffzt! It disappeared when I submitted them. Ctrl-Z doesn't work, once you press submit. I tried the back button, too. No luck... Damnation! I actually have another word, but I have a number of young readers, so I don't want to be accused of corrupting young... ah, forget it. FUCK! I'm pissed off! Some of you must know how much time is invested in something like that... Anyway, I have put the poems together, but I will comment on them later after I finish my last stack of finals to grade: J culture through film. This is a monster stack, so in the meantime, visit SammyStorm for stuff a cut--just barely--above mine, bane_vixen for the best in angst, PaikyPoo for degenerate shit, ddsb2000 and nefarious_hatter the art freaks. I'd send you to SleepingCutie, exhibitionist extraordinaire, but she's on vacation to hook up with some guy in SF... hooooooooooow romantic...

Sorry, do I sound cynical? Sarcastic? Well, DUH! I'm still pissed. Grrrrrrr... Just taking it out on my Xanga friends...

Tell me something that happened today to cheer me up... Aaaargh...

Oh wait. Here's something that put a smile on my face. And from none other that the Vixen. She, for some reason, decided to "write a tribute" to her readers. This is what she wrote about me...

Oh, man. Where do I begin? Ever thought about cheating on your wife? Hahahaha. Just joking. I know sometimes I give you a hard time, but it's mainly to counterbalance the compliments you're constanly flooded with. I've got to be the killjoy. It also means I respect you a lot. One of these days, we have to get drunk together and break down illusions that barricade what's real and what's false. Your last comment you mentioned my "unbridled angst" isn't your cup of tea, but I'm glad you kept coming back.

Thanks, girl. That alleviated some of the anger I'm feeling toward Xanga at the moment. And for the record, "unbridled angst" in general is not my "cup of tea", but your "cup" is more like Arabian coffee: strong, bitter, and oh so delicious. Would you mind if I brought some friends when we get bombed? Sammy and Hama-chan and Japblkgrl and Taku and a few other...

No comments: