Saturday, March 20, 2004

Spring Break: Day 2 to 4

Ok, again in the tradition of Japanese Elementary school students, I've neglected to keep up the daily journal. Hahahaha. Gotta keep it real, y'know? Anyway, here's how its been.

Day Two Mondays lecture at G-town was okay. Nothing special. Since my friend wasn't there to, it felt like my own course and so I was a little more tense than usual... Hmmm, I gave the exact same lecture a month ago and it went really well. I don't know what the difference is... Today, I took my Unagi-kun to the dentist. If you're wondering, unagi mean eel. I call him that because he doesn't have much of a chin, kinda like an eel. hehehehe. I don't call him that, of course, just here on Xanga. For those of you who don't know, he's my stepson. He is also half Korean, grandparents are from what is now North Korea. Went to Glory Days for a beer.

Day Three Took M to the DMV to take her road test and she passed on the first try. While I would never tell this to her face, I can't believe she passed. She drove in Japan which might suggest what kind of driver she is... Went to Glory Days again. Came home and watched 21 Grams. Really confusing.

Day Four Just stayed home and putted around. Didn't accomplish much... Watched 21 Grams once more before returning it to Blockbuster. Now that I knew what it was about, it made more sense. the movie goes back and forth in time. Actually that's not exactly right. It goes randomly through a number of temporal jumps, and a lot of scenes didn't make sense the night before. Of course, it might have been because I was drunk... Stanford won its game in the first round of NCAA tourney. Go Cardinal... Yeah, there's no "s" at the end of Cardinal because the Stanford team is not a bird but a color... I wonder if that's a reference to the school's previous "mascot" the Indians... Anyway, since you really can't make a color into a mascot, the Stanford uses the Tree, a stupid looking sequoia, which is a redwood which may explain the cardinal color as well, but I'm not so sure...

No comments: