Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Xanga 101, section 003: Stealthy visitors...

japblkgrl--yeah the coy one with only half her face showing--commented yesterday: i get repeat visitors who never comment(u guys creep me out!...j/k). And this is something that has been on my mind lately, as well. Now, I use the word stealth as opposed to stalk because there is a difference: I think "stealth" is perhaps a bit more passive, whereas "stalk" can be more aggressive and a bit scarier--as a fellow Xangan has learned...

Anyway, I have noticed there are a few who come by often but never leave comments. Some leave comments faithfully, some used to but petered away. I presume they have better places to leave comments. (ToT) Oh well, that's okay. At least I know who you are. But there are those who I have no idea... If you have a site counter, you can probably look at the referrals link and see where people are coming from. There are some unknowns. I guess their servers prevent Site Counter from displaying the name of the site. Drat. But most Xangans are visable, certainly the people who usually come to visit, as well as other who go through their sites. But there are a couple of people who come from Flyingchair, the site where they had the "Asian Blog Awards." I know its the same person because the IP address is the same all the time. One person in particular who lives on the west coast comes virtually everyday. There's someone else who consistently Googles me, too. If you're gonna come by so often, just bookmark me or something. Who could you guys (or gals *fingers crossed*) be? How about an e-mail? Hehehehe. Just kidding. Really. We know what happened to one person... Anyway, its nice to know that some of you take the time to leave comments... cuz I usually do, don't I? There are those, of course, who will write a response to a comment I've written on their site, but they don't write anything that responds to my own entry. Boo hoo... Maybe my entries are too long...

So what motivates you to leave a comment? An interesting entry? The hope of getting a comment in return? Just responding to a previous comment?

No comments: