Sunday, January 18, 2004

Swingin'

Just got home. I went to the Millenium Stage at the Kennedy Center tonight to hear the J Street Jumpers perform. Click here to hear the performance, its already online. While the streaming video is kinda washed out, the music is passable. My friend, Adam, is the bass player, the guy behind the trumpet player in the video. You might hear me whoop in the background... But then again, maybe not...

Do you swing?

A Little Bruin Football...
After the concert, Musubi-chan and I went to Ballston to unwind further at Chevy's with some Dos X draft. There we watched the NFC Championship. After an atrocious season for my beloved UCLA Bruins, it was very nice to see the Carolina Bruins... er, I mean Panthers win. Former Bruins Deshaun Foster and Rickey Manning Jr. did a great job. Deshaun scored the second touchdown that sealed Philly's fate. It was an incredible play in which he broke at least 4 would-be Philly tacklers virtually by himself to get into the endzone. It was an awesome one yard run. My boy Rickey had three, count 'em THREE, inerceptions. I just love it to death. He'd been calling out the Eagle's receiver all week as not a problem for him, even ex-UCLA teammate Freddie Mitchell. For once this season, I felt truly proud to be a Bruin...

Carolina Panthers vs. New England Patriots in the Super Bowl. I gotta say the Panthers. Who do you think wins? ** update: Vegas has the Patriots by 7**

No comments: