Friday, January 02, 2004

Around New Years break...

Time flies so quickly, it is truly scary. I sit here thinking that, school start next week! Damn, I thought winter break just started. And I have barely begun the things I thought I was going to do...

Anyway, this is the time of year to everyone considers resolutions for the year. Every year for the past, oh, 20 ot so, it has been to lose weight and be healthy. Well, for the past 12 years, I have exercized rather vigorously when I can. and I feel relatively healthy, but Fall semester has kept me busy the past two years I literally have no time to work out--although I somehow found time to wirte on Xanga... Hmm, it is obviously a matter of priortiy: What do I need to do first? I like to run and such, but I also like to write. Interestingly, I should be writing my research, but for some godforsaken reason I'd rather write on Xanga. I guess its the narcissistic nature of Xanga that keeps me going. It's too bad I can't do research on myself. I'dn have a book out in no time! Hahaha! Ok, ok, so I'm a jerk... In any event, I think, instead of resolving to do specific things--lose weight, run more, drink less... oops, not that one--I'll be more general, focus more on a principle: Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize. Yes, I think this will do it. Prioritizing will allow me to get my work done in a timely manner, to end my endless bouts with procrastination. I will remain on Xanga, of course, but as with all of you, Xanga is--or should be--several rungs below the significant things in our life, like... like... uh, damn, is there anything more important than Xanga?. Its so therapeutic, and liberating. It's kinda good for my soul, allowing me to express thoughts I rarely have an opportunity to express in the real world... Or am I just rationalizing to cover up for an addiction. Hahaha!

Anyway, I know I can do what I have to do, I just have to set set them up in a way that provides the appropriate amount of time to accomplish them.

With that in mind, I'm off to run!

No comments: