Monday, December 08, 2003

My Addictions...

There are, I suppose, different levels of addictions. A recent hardcore addiction is Xanga, "the weblog community". I can't go a day without writing an entry, editing, reading other peoples blogs. It is kinda scary these days. Another hardcore addiction would be chips: potato chips, corn chips, Fritos. ANYTHING. Its bad. With all the carbohydrates I put into my body, I'll probably get type 2 diabetes before I turn 50... wait, that's only two years (and one week) a away! I also like fruit flavored chewy candy and was in love wth Skittles for awhile, but my new fling is chewy Spree. Oh yeah, and lest I forget, beer...

Previously, I was a hardcore Marlboro Red, two-packs a day smoker. I started at 14 and continued for the next 30 years. I must have black lungs. At around 34, I cut down my cigaretters by eliminating the "circumstantial" smokes, the ones that I smoked without thinking: coffee-smoke, driving-smoke, after meal-smoke, waiting for someone-smoke. I let myself smoke only when I craved the nicotine, and cut down to about 4 a day, but since it was to feed a craving, I just couldn't quit. I craved the nicotine and I continued smoking for 10 years...

But I finally quit when I remarried and have been smokeless for 3 years. So I suppose there is hope for me with this Xanga thing...

No comments: