Friday, November 21, 2003

Moment of Truth

-2-
...Hah! Anyway, I'll give it a try and see how it works, tho' it might just totally flop... is just how Coach Dorrell must have felt when he changed quarterbacks a few weeks ago. Drew Olsen had won four straight and Matt Moore, the preseason starter who was injured in the first game of the season, was bitching to the media about how Coach Dorrell said that starters don't lose their postition because of injury. Well, he went back to Moore and it flopped. Last week he went back to Olsen and it was just as bad. I mean, whaddya expect from a 19 year old who was winning and then benched for no other reason than the prohibitive favorite--who had only started one game before this season and screwed up royally against SC last year in his first series. Speaking of which...

The moment of truth has arrived. Tomorrow, we play crosstown rival USC. If you are a student, alumni or fan of USC, DO NOT READ any further. I don't like to rag too much about 'SC under normal circumstances. And you don't need to read it. My sister got her MBA there, so the institution's part of our family--unfortunately. Anyway, they have a rising academic standard and a football team that kicks ass--except at Berkeley! Hahahaahhaha! Go Bears. Anyway, you guys don't need to read further. TROJANS, STOP HERE...DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER... (just in case) dO NoT gO aNy FuRtheR...

I have been a Bruin fan since I was a wee little lad. Watching Gary Beban take our Bruins to the Rose Bowl in '65 and winning the Heisman (UCLA's only one) a couple years later, Wendell Tyler and John Sciarra beating a number one Ohio St. team with Archie Griffin (that is a game they play often on ESPN Classic) in '76. When my dream came true and I actually attended this world reknown academic institute, I saw the Bruins go to three Rose Bowls! Damn, they were hot. Althought our crosstown rivalry was always heated, it was really hot then, because the football queens that are $「--there mascot, a Trojan, a guy wearing a skirt--had dominated LA with the student-body-right smash mouth football. Damn, if they weren't always in the top ten or top five, and the "gutty little Bruins" had to kick and claw for any kind of recognition. But in the early eighties, we ruled. And these queens viewed us a usurpers, and they became really nasty assholes. Wanna know how much? Let me tell ya'. My mom--God rest her soul--used to volunteer at a local Museum. Well, one guy there used to tease her about how her sons--my younger bro' also went to UCLA--were losers cuz they were Bruins. This is a 20-something $「 graduate ragging on a 60-something woman. My mom had a heart attack in the late eighties; now this jerk is not the cause, I'm sure, but shit, does he stop raggin' on her? Noooooo. He's having a great time, "Oh its just in fun." But my mom told me it stressed her out to hear his garbage. I suppose my mother should have told him to quit, but as a member of an older generation, she was kinda of reserved and non-confrontational, while this $「 jerk showed no sign of empathy or thoughtfulness whatsoever.

Now, is this representative of $「? Maybe, maybe not. But have you been to the $「 blogrings here on Xanga? Try University of Southern California which states, "USC University of Southern California students and for people who fucking hate f/ucla. fuck ucla!!! USC FOOTBALL KICKS ASS!! USC FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPS BABY!!"

If you're a Trojan do you want to be associated with this kind of attitude? Apparently, yes, cuz this ring has 66 members, presumably from $「...

How about *U*C*L*A* *S*U*X*, "4 all u ucla haters...mostly usc fans".

Obviously, the tradition continues for many of the people of the University of South Central... It's been said that you can only use a Trojan once but a Bruin is forever, but I'm not so sure if this saying is accurate; these jerks seem to be forever, too. And if you are a Trojan and you are reading this far, what have YOU done to stop this nonsense? Have you left comments for these blogring members telling them that they are giving $「 a bad image? Probably not, cuz you either subscribe to this trash or you are oblivious. But remember, ignoring it is equal to passive support.

Ah forget it, this is the only time I allow myself to vent about this University of Spoiled Children, the so-called Trojan--who the hell wants to be named after a condom? Hahahahaha! No wait, I'm serious. Being called a Trojan would be pretty embarrassing. I should show more compassion for these students who had no choice in having a mascot in a skirt--yes, he's very manish in his armor and brocade; but I'm not into that sort of thing. And can you imagine them walking around saying: "Hi, I'm a Trojan." Hahahahaa, sorry, I imagined it.... (tag lines: 1. Are you allergic to latex? 2. You can trust me, I don't break. 3. I'm America's #1 brand. 4. Feel me, I'm textured. 5. I come [oops, no pun intended] in three sizes.)

Ah well. Enough of this foolishness. I get really stupid this one weekend of the year. But that's better than Spoiled Children who have to be it year round... This is probably the only time I'll be afforded this opportunity, since South Central will probably use our Bruin mascot--Joe Bruin--to wipe there asses. *sigh*

To all the football gods in heaven, hear my prayer...

No comments: