Monday, September 29, 2003

UCLA

Okay, my Bruins are even at .500 going into Pac-10 play next week against Washington. Ok, ok, this was accomplished last night with a victory over San Diego State, 20-10, a win that is not so impressive. I mean, geez, did you see Cal beat '$c? In triple overtime? Damn, why can't our boys in blue pull wins out like that?!? *sigh* SD State does not instill fear into most teams. But keep in mind tha this team had the third best defense in the nation and almost barely lost to Ohio St. in the Horseshoe 16-13. That has to count for something. SD State is no push over this year.

Anyway, I didn't get to watch the entire game because it was at a local sports bar where last call is at... 12 midnight. Damn, these people in Virginia are a bunch of wimps. can you believe this. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Washington DC is inaka--rural, the sticks, the boon docks, a hick town. It is pathetic. You'd think that the capital of the mightiest country in the freakin' world would be more exciting, dynamic, cosmopolitan. Ok, Fairfax is not DC, but it is a major suburb. Can you imagine a bar announcing last call at 12 freakin' midnight in Westchester, NY? No, wait, bad example. Long Island, yeah, I KNOW there are places to go on Long Island, right? How about Evanston, IL? Huh? They gotta have places serving alcohol after 12, on a Saturday night! I know they serve afer 12 in Santa Monica, West LA, and East LA. But here in the Commonwealth of Virginia? Fuhgedaboutit...

AND, the reason I had to see the game in a sports bar to begin with is because DishTV doesn't carry Fox Sports West 2. They carry everyother Fox sports network, even FSW, but not 2. Something about only being able to carry on programming option per region. Bull! then why is in on Direct TV? I blew it. I shoulda gotten Direct. This DishTV really blows. I mean, the whole point of getting a satellite in the first place was to get these channels...

Okay, that's my rant of the day, hopefully for the week. We're all busy and tired and stressed. Well, I'm really stressed and tired and overworked and underpaid. I mean, this Saturday football is my ONLY release from the stress. I wish I could at least get what I paid for.... Sheesh... Is that too much to ask for?


No comments: