Friday, August 01, 2003

Am I Moody?
Well, maybe I am. Up until now, I have changed the BGM whenever it rained, And it was supposed to rain today, but didn't, so.... I'm gonna change it anyway, to reflect my ever changing mood. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do... Of course, it is better with a glass of Glen Livet Scotch... rocks with water on the side... mmmm...


Huh????
Gee, I've never considered myself to be a cool-looking sort. That I would write about myself as a "dork" and a "Glob" would be proof enough.... but I got this comment: ふつうにかっこいいじゃん?!? Hahahahaha! I know she's kidding--she has to be, right?--but it IS nice to hear once in a while. Man, I must be getting old... BTW, the photo is about 3 years old, so I have more wrinkles!


Again Apologies
My recent blogs have been longer than usual, because, I talk about things that are meaningful to me...(Pochi, Kei ごめんね)  But I have had a couple of encouraging comments. Capstew asked if I had "photographic evidence." Well, that shows somekind of interest in the times. Indeed, Tak wants to talk to me in private... hmmm... Just kidding... But even more encouraging is Marja; he told me he really liked reading the story. Apparently, current Asians do not have the kind of opportunities I had: the opportunity to be "empowered" by being with each other and supporting each other. He found it "surreal" reading about how Asians hung out with each other in the manner I described. My wife, Musubi-chan, told me that perhaps what I'm writing--literary stylistics aside--may prove valuable as a record of the times. And I agree. It was a special time. It was a time when minorities tried to find their identity, to be in step with Black Power and Chicano Power. Indeed, I must confess to have participated in the demonstration in J-town to save Weller Street from "re-urbanization." Man, those were fun days...


Anyway, I will continue the story, but to be honest, the blogs have caught up to me and I'm writing them at this very moment... So IF you are a faithful reader, let me know, and I will continue to regale you with tales of JA life in the 1970s....

No comments: