Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Hot

It's another scorcher today. Summer has finally reached our nation's capital, and I love it. I thought the snow in winter was kinda cool, but after the shoveling walkway for the umpteenth time, I decided that I couldn't wait for warmer weather. Then all spring, rain, rain, rain. But the heat's here now and it's fabulous... Except for the damn pollen. Today's pollen index was 6.3--moderate--but still enough to make me sneeze and wipe my nose, even after taking Claritin. A person I know asked if I really wore sunglasses and a surgical mask outside--see previous entry below--and when I told him yeah, he said that's weird, people will think I have a Michael Jackson complex or something like that.

AAAAARRgh

It's not bad enough that I have to suffer the physical affects of pollen, I have to suffer the social-stigma backlash it elicits. I snort Flonase, I drop Claritin. And I still sneeze, I still suffer from... postnasal drip (yuck). Is there anything else I can do? Except kill myself, or move to Antartica.

Oh yeah, the continuation of the JA thing below will come later. I think I know what i wanna say, but i can't really articulate it--as if articulation was a requirement for a blog!


No comments: